The final game is around the corner. Have we ever looked forward to a season’s close so much, or in fact at all, before? We all love the game and miss it during the Summer months but most of us seem to be looking forward to putting 2016-17 behind us. On reflection: –
- Does having a manager who has remained dignified and respectful through incredibly testing times make you feel like we’ve got one of the good guys in charge of the team?
- I’ve seen some disagree about what positions we should be signing new players in. What are our top priorities in the closed season?
- Voda have pulled out of discussions about becoming the Stadium Sponsors. Do you think a leading edge brand name might end up with the naming rights or will A N Other betting company or the likes end up with their logo plastered all over the OS?
- I’m off to see the Athletics at the Stadium in August. Personally I’m pleased that the stadium is fulfilling the ‘legacy’ promises that GB made during the campaign to bring the Olympics to our shores. Not everyone feels the same though. How do you feel about sharing with track and field?
- Should Super Slav move on who would be your favourite candidates to replace him?
- I’m off on the annual jaunt to the darts at the O2 tomorrow night. If you’re watching any of the games you may catch sight of me. My wife is usually mortified by her friends telling her that they’ve just seen me necking several pints and generally behaving like a reprobate. With the Summer looming what other sports do you follow and where do they rank alongside ‘the beautiful game’ to you?
- Who are the players that you would hate to lose most?
- Where do you sit on the return of Jermaine Defoe debate? Would you have him back – either because of the way he left or because of his age?
- The Europa League comes in for a lot of stick but I think that a run in that competition might have worked well for us in terms of starting to feel more at home in the new stadium much more quickly. Agree?
- After the £8M game of musical chairs that will take place at the OS/LS, to accommodate the World Athletics Championships, what improvements are top of your list of priorities for our ‘Home’
- Anyone thinking of not renewing their STs? By the same token how many tourist/other club fans/plus two ticket holders will give up theirs to give some of the, supposed, 50K waiting list a chance to choose their seats (of which I, along with my two lads, am one).
- If they do give them up will the atmosphere improve because ‘real’ West Ham fans will take their places?
- How optimistic are you about next season (I guess a lot will depend upon who goes, who stays and who comes in)?
C&Bs, generally, posts less articles, after the final game, until the Autumn. As illustrated so persuasively, by Graybo, on the previous thread most of the discussion is idle, lazy, speculation which we’ve no interest in posting. Happy to discuss ‘actual’ signings but, sadly, our club has been linked with more players in closed seasons in recent years than any other and, quite frankly, it’s frustrating and, for the most part, a waste of ink.
This Sunday’s game will be a hard one to call. Burnley are a good side at home and we’re, once again this season, going to be seriously under-strength. Either way I look forward to chatting with you on the pre and post match threads.